meeting with administration


20-11-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt): GS and AGS Com Vivek Wankhede met GM(Estt) and held discussions on a) issuing guidelines on fixation of seniority among the JTOs who are eligible for different vacancy years in the last TTA to JTO LICE and b) allowing option to the JAO 2010 batch for pay fixation as per 2nd PRC beyond 07.05.2010, the cutoff date.

 

Meeting with GM(Pers): GS and AGS Com Vivek Wankhede met GM(Pers) and held discussions on issued related to soft tenure stations and cancelling the transfer orders of Executives working in soft tenure places in AP, PB and HP Circles. After discussion GM(Pers) assured that remaining orders also will be issued soon.

 

DGM(Adhoc) to DGM(Reg) VC for 27 DGMs received from CVO office. Promotion orders will be processed soon.

26-10-2014

Meeting with Sri A. N. Rai, CMD/BSNL on 24.10.2014: GS Com K Sebastin met CMD/ BSNL and discussed modification on DE promotions. Modification based on seniority to the Circles having large no of vacancies, above 57 years age cases and remaining medical cases where discussed. CMD assured to consider the cases next week.

22-10-2014

Meeting with Sri V. Umashankar, Jt Sec(T), DoT: GS Com K Sebastin met Sri V. Umashankar, JS(T) on 22.10.2014 and held discussions on the following subject:

a) Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc for JTO/JAO, SDE/AO etc: 

Since DPE rejected the proposal of E1A and E2A, Assn requested to implement the standard pay scales of E2 and E3. Those young JTO/JAOs joined after 01.01.2007 facing huge difference in pay comparing to their seniors and this demoralizes them at the beginning of their career. Further at the time of their recruitment, they were offered E1A pay scale which is likely to be revived upwards, but once they joined in BSNL, they were demoted to E1 scale. For the revival of BSNL, motivation of this young comrades are very much required. JS(T) concurred with our views and opined that they should not be de-motivated at all and everything possible to motivate the young recruits should be considered.

b) Status of merger of BSNL and MTNL: JS(T) informed that the issue is under the active consideration of the Govt and discussion is going on at different levels. Assn pointed out that contentious issues like market liability of MTNL, disinvestment of MTNL and HR issues are to be addressed first before taking any final decision. JS(T) informed that now the market liability of MTNL has come down to Rs 10,000 Crores after the recent financial assistance and it has to be addressed by Govt along with other issues.

c) Pension revision w.e.f 01.01.2017: GS told JS(T) that DPE is finalizing the terms of reference of 3rd PRC and the pension revision of BSNL absorbed employees also to be made part of the terms of reference as decided by the union cabinet. JS(T) directed DIR(PSU-I) to verify the cabinet decision and immediately take up with DPE for inclusion of pension revision also an item on the terms of reference.

d) Support to BSNL in lieu of VRS: The proposal of financial assistance to BSNL in lieu of VRS (50% of the salary of the targeted employees of about 70,000) for the next 10 years in a diminishing way is under the active consideration of Hon Union Finance Minister. Dept of Expenditure agreed with the proposal but Dept of Economic Affairs having reservations on the proposal. Hon Fin Minister has to take the Final decision.

22-10-2014

Meeting with GM(FP): GS and AGS Com Arvind Dahiya met GM(FP) on 22.10.2014 and held discussions on:

a)  JAO to AO promotion: Management is trying to find some way out to complete the DPC and issue promotion orders. The court order and the SC/ST reservation issues complicating the whole matters. Assn pleaded for considering all the vacancies so that maximum eligible JAOs can be promoted as AOs. Association requested to issue the promotion orders keeping the interest of the SC/ST comrades also.

b) CAO(Adhoc) to CAO (Regular) promotion: The DPC for around 400 vacancies completed. The minutes of the DPC will be signed most probably today. The promotion orders will be issued at the earliest after getting the approval of the DPC minutes and promotion orders from the competent authority. The promotion order will be for around 350 nos as VC for the remaining cases not yet received. Assn assured to arrange the remaining VCs at the earliest.

c) DGM(Regular) promotion: We extended our sincere gratitude for completing the DPC and issuing the DGM(Regular) promotion orders.

d) Committee meeting on extending 30% fitment to 2010 JAOs: Few meetings held but didn’t come to any conclusion on the issue. Finance wing is very positive on the issue. Assn strongly pleaded for the settlement of the issue positively by extending 30% fitment to the JAOs of 2010 batch also.

e) Extension of 5 increments for JAOs: The positive proposal is approved by BSNL Management committee along other cadres and under the consideration of BSNL Board.

22-10-2014

Meeting with GM(FP): GS and AGS Com Arvind Dahiya met GM(FP) on 22.10.2014 and held discussions on:

 

a)    JAO to AO promotion: Management is trying to find some way out to complete the DPC and issue promotion orders. The court order and the SC/ST reservation issues complicating the whole matters. Assn pleaded for considering all the vacancies so that maximum Assn requested to issue the promotion orders keeping the interest of the SC/ST comrades also.

b)  CAO(Adhoc) to CAO (Regular) promotion: The DPC for around 400 vacancies completed. The minutes of the DPC will be signed most probably today. The promotion orders will be issued at the earliest after getting the approval of the DPC minutes and promotion orders from the competent authority. The promotion order will be for around 350 nos as VC for the remaining cases not yet received. Assn assured to arrange the remaining VCs at the earliest.

c)   DGM(Regular) promotion: We extended our sincere gratitude for completing the DPC and issuing the DGM(Regular) promotion orders.

d)        Committee meeting on extending 30% fitment to 2010 JAOs: Few meetings held but didn’t come to any conclusion on the issue. Finance wing is very positive on the issue.

e) Extension of 5 increments for JAOs: The positive proposal is approved by BSNL Management committee along other cadres and under the consideration of BSNL Board.

22-10-2014

Meeting with Sri R. K. Goyal, GM(Estt): GS and both AGSs met GM(Estt) on 21.10.2014 and held discussions on E2, E3 pay scale. GM(Estt) informed that the informal meeting of the official members of the joint committee could not materialize last week as Sri M C Choube, ED(CN) was busy. The meeting will be held mostly next week, after Deepavali holidays.

22-10-2014

Meeting with Sri R. K. Goyal, GM(Estt): GS and both AGSs met GM(Estt) on 21.10.2014 and held discussions on E2, E3 pay scale. GM(Estt) informed that the informal meeting of the official members of the joint committee could not materialize last week as Sri M C Choube, ED(CN) was busy. The meeting will be held mostly next week, after Deepavali holidays.

22-10-2014

Meeting with Sri Neeraj Verma, GM(SR): GS and both AGSs met GM(SR) on 21.10.2014 and held discussions on the committee meeting on officiating pay fixation. GS demanded for a meeting with the committee to explain the issue to the committee members. GM(SR) who is the chairman of the committee agreed to the proposal. On the issue GM(SR) informed that the committee requires some concrete cases where due to pay fixation, pay had been reduced.

Assn already reeived such cases from PB, CHTD and KRL Circles. Other CSs are requested to arrange the details, at least one each with pay fixation / recovery order copies to submit to the committee.

 

Meeting with Sri S S Aggarwal, GM(Pers): GS and both AGSs met GM(Pers) on 21.10.2014 and discussed Committee meeting on officiating pay fixation in addition to modification of DE postings.

Meeting with Sri Deepak Aggarwal, Addl GM(Pers): GS and both AGSs met GM(Pers) on 21.10.2014 and discussed the following issues in addition to modification of DE postings. a) Committee meeting on officiating pay fixation, b) Filing MA in the Hon CAT, Ernakulam in JTO to SDE promotion case.

09-10-2014

Meeting with GM (Pers): Our AGS Com. Vivek Wankhede met Sh. S S. Agarwal, GM (Pers) on 8th Oct 14 and discussed on the issues:

1.  Regarding consideration of filing MA in JTO to SDE case in Hon CAT, Ernakulam: association requested to consider for filing the MA application in JTO to SDE case, if the case is not heard on 9th Oct 2014 and plead for permission to conduct the DPC and issue promotion orders. Association expressed its concern over the long delay and officials are waiting for more than 18 years for the promotion. GM assured of early action in this regard.

2. Committee meeting on officiating pay fixation: Assn pointed out that this issue also delayed so much and complete the procedures at the earliest. GM (Pers) informed that the meeting will be held on 15th October 14.

3. Modifications on regular AGM promotions: As per earlier discussion with GM (Pers) for modification in regular promotions to AGM and assured by him to consider cases after 7th Oct, association reminded to consider the cases. We are waiting for the joining dates of the executives who have joined and the Pers section is working on it. We will consider the modifications once the reports are received.

4.  Transfer of Executives from BSNLCO to other circles and vice-a versa: association once again pointed out that there are pending cases to be considered from BSNLCO to other circles and vice a versa, GM (Pers) assured of suitable action in this regard, at the earliest.

    JAO to AO DPC: Meeting with Chief Liaison Officer: Both AGS Com. Vivek Wankhede and Com. Arvind Dahiya met CLO Sh. Ram Shakal in order to expedite the DPC process from JAO to AO. CLO assured of full cooperation and support on the issue. He said that the interest of the SC/ST officials will be taken care.

01-10-2014

Meeting with CMD/BSNL Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc: GS Com K Sebastin and AGS Vivek Wankhede met Sri A. N. Rai, CMD/BSNL on 30.09.2014 and held discussions on implementation of E2, E3 pay scales for JTO/JAO and SDE/AO etc. Since DPE rejected the intermediary pay scale of E1A and E2A and DoP has relied to us that pension contribution from BSNL absorbed employees also covered by the same DOPT order, Assn requested to initiate immediate action to implement the standard pay scales. CMD told us that detailed discussion can be held after the holidays in this regard.

Since discussions are going on at different levels on various demands, the notice for next programme of trade union action will be decided as per the outcome of the discussions.

01-10-2014

Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc for JTO/JAO and SDE/AO etc: GS Com K Sebastin and AGSs Com Arvind Dahiya and Vivek Wankhede met Sri M. C. Choube, ED(CN) and Chairman of the Joint committee and other committee members Smt Smitha Choudhary, GM(EF), Sri Deepak Aggarwal, Addl GM(Pers) on 30.09.2014 and held discussions on implementation of E2, E3 pay scales as DPE rejected the intermediary pay scale of E1A and E2A and DoP has relied to us that pension contribution from BSNL absorbed employees also covered by the same DOPT order. Since E1A and E2A pay scales are rejected only way to resolve the issues is to replace E1A with E2 and E2A with E3 as done by other CPSUs since the pay scale cannot be reduced from E2A and E1A. This discussion was in continuation to the discussions with GM(SR) during the last agitation.

01-10-2014

Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etc for JTO/JAO and SDE/AO etc: GS Com K Sebastin and AGSs Com Arvind Dahiya and Vivek Wankhede met Sri M. C. Choube, ED(CN) and Chairman of the Joint committee and other committee members Smt Smitha Choudhary, GM(EF), Sri Deepak Aggarwal, Addl GM(Pers) on 30.09.2014 and held discussions on implementation of E2, E3 pay scales as DPE rejected the intermediary pay scale of E1A and E2A and DoP has relied to us that pension contribution from BSNL absorbed employees also covered by the same DOPT order. Since E1A and E2A pay scales are rejected only way to resolve the issues is to replace E1A with E2 and E2A with E3 as done by other CPSUs since the pay scale cannot be reduced from E2A and E1A. This discussion was in continuation to the discussions with GM(SR) during the last agitation.

29-09-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt): GS and AGS Com Vivek Wankhade met Sri R. K. Goyal, GM(Estt) on 29.09.2014 and discussed implementation of standard pay scales. After discussion, GM(Estt) informed that based on the inputs given by the Association and the rejection of E1A and E2A proposal by DPE, the matter will be first discussed within Management after the holidays. Based on that discussion, further discussion will be held with the Assns.

29-09-2014

Meeting with GM(Pers): GS and AGS Com Vivek Wankhade met Sri S. S Aggarwal, GM(Pers) on 29.09.2014 and discussed:

a)         Retention in DE promotion: Assn strongly demanded for retention in CHTD, MH, KTK and TN Circles as per seniority, considering age 57 plus cases, re-allotment to AP from STR, medical cases and modification of Circles of choice. GM(Pers) informed that the matter has been discussed with CMD/BSNL also and considering the shortage in different Circles, it will not be possible for much modification. However when we insisted, GM(Pers) agreed to discuss further with CMD on 57 plus cases. Medical cases will be considered after 01st October for those who are not joined yet. Modification from one Circle to another Circle also will be considered along with that.

b)        Committee meeting on officiating pay fixation: Assn pointed out that this issue also delayed so much and complete the procedures at the earliest. GM(Pers) informed that the meeting will be held in 3rd week after the Parliamentary committee meeting on 13.10.14.

c)         Filing MA in Hon CAT, Ernakulam: Assn requested BSNL to file an MA pleading for permission to conduct the DPC and issue promotion orders. The case is posted for 09.10.14, but it is not sure whether division bench will be available on that day or not.

26-09-2014

Meeting with ED(Finance): GS, CHQ President and Com M. Gopinathan, CS/TN Circle met Smt Sujata Ray and discussed the following issues:

a)         30% superannuation benefits to BSNL Recruits. Assn requested Madam to finalize the proposal at the earliest keeping in mind, the welfare of the employees as this is the only social security measure for them after retirement so that Management can take a decision on the matter at the earliest.

b)        DPC from JAO to AO: Assn requested to expedite the DPC for all the vacancies:

It is understood that yesterday, there was a big demand from BSNLEU and NFTE in the National Council on the issue of 30% superannuation benefit in which CMD assured them an early action. In addition to the persuasion by ourselves, we are in touch with BSNLEU and NFTE on this crucial issue.  

17-09-2014

GS, President, AGS Com Sankar Sanyal, CS/WB Circle Com Tapas Ghosh, CS/CTD Com Dilip saha, CP/CTD Com Nirmal Sarkar and other activists from WB and CTD met Sri Anupam Srivastava, DIR(CM), Sri N K. Gupta, DIR(CFA) and Sri M C Choube, ED(CN) on 09.09.2014 and held discussions on issues related with growth of West Bengal and Kolkata TD Circles.

Meeting with Sri Anupam Srivastava, DIR(CM) on 08.09.2014: Detailed discussions held for more than one hour on developmental issues. Our comrades made extensive study on the GSM services, BTS outage, revenue from BTSs, performance of franchisees, retailers and DSAs working in SSA/BTS wise, USO BTSs etc. Association suggested to make the retailers and franchises and DSAs more accountable to make them market and sell our product as now they are focusing only on top up business. Further to make each Executive and employees involve in the sales and marketing, “BRAMA”, a pilot project implemented in Kolkata SSA which is proposed to be extended to other SSAs also. In case of CTD, trans eqpt for increased bandwidth, requirement of battery for BTS, tower sharing, RF optimization etc discussed. DIR(CM) focused on tower sharing as it is having high potential.

Meeting with Sri N K. Gupta, DIR(CFA) on 09.09.2014: During the meeting with DIR(CFA) in which GM(BB) Sri Manikkam also present, the following issues discussed: a) requirement of 5 pair and higher size cable, b) strengthening the repair centre for  repairing C DoT cards by providing required infrastructure and sufficient fund available so that all types of C DoT cards can be repaired, at present vendor is not able to repair the cards and thousands of cards are not repaired for months together and c) being a lightning prone area, special fund allocation for improving the exchange earthing etc.
Meeting with Sri M C Choube, ED(CN) on 09.09.2014: Discussion held for more than one hour for the optical fibre network of Eastern region. A very good presentation of status of OF network of ETR especially under WB and CTD Circles made by the comrades of ETR to ED(CN). The discussion focused on the slow pace of OF project work by ETP, hiring of dark fibres from Rail Tel for one or two years for giving un-interrupted connectivity to South, West and East corridors. ED(CN) suggested to swap the fibre with Rail Tel as Rail Tel is demanding fibre from BSNL for NOFN project. For CTD additional ADM eqpt for bringing RSUs etc in ring, OF cable for bringing BTSs in ring etc discussed.

10-09-2014

Meeting with GM(FP): GS, President, AGS Com Sankar Sanyal, CS/WB Circle Com Tapas Ghosh, CS/CTD Com Dilip shah and other activists met GM(FP) on 09.09.2014 and held discussions on JAO to AO promotion. More than 1800 AO vacancies are available but there is a move to restrict the DPC for around 1500 vacancies leaving the vacancies of 2013-14. Some forces are working to restrict the promotions by keeping the 2010 batch JAOs out, but Management should not became part of this, Assn pointed out. Assn strongly demanded to complete the DPC for all the vacancy years including 2013-14 so that JAOs of 2010 batch also can get promotion.

06-09-2014

Meeting with CMD/BSNL: GS, President and Com George Varghese, CS/Kerala met Sri A. N. Rai, CMD/BSNL on 04.09.2014 and discussed the following issues:

a)  Implementing the written assurances given by CGMT/Kerala as part of settlement of the agitation: Assn informed CMD/BSNL that the agitations are called off after the intervention of BSNLCO and the assurances given by CMD. Further written assurances were given by CGMT/Kerala on various demands and assured that there will be no vindictive actions. However after the agitation, none of the assurances implemented. Instead of that CGMT started a series of vindictive actions like transferring of office-bearers and activists, implementing dies-non for the sanctioned leave period etc etc. Now one month passed and the Executives are getting agitated over the delay in implementation of the commitments. CMD assured again that he is aware of the facts and GM(SR) already briefed the situation in the morning. CMD informed that he already spoken to CGMT in the morning and directed to implement the commitments and clarifications sought from BSNLCO is will be given in a couple of days. On vindictive actions like transfers, he will speak to CGMT again.

b) Modifications/amendments in the Recognition Rules for Executives Association: GS requested to make necessary amendments like a) some mechanism of settlement of issues which make both sides binding, b) No of office-bearers at Circle level, c) three tier system at Metro Circles and d) collection of fund other than subscription. CMD agreed that the issues will be re-examined by the new Committee.  

06-09-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt): GS, President and Com George Varghese, CS/Kerala met Sri R. K. Goyal, GM(Estt) on 04.09.2014 and discussed the following issues:

a)   FR -35 restriction on officiating promotion to AD (OL)—case of Com Sangeetha Goyal ACS/Delhi Circle: Assn pointed out that the recent clarification issued by BSNLCO imposing FR-35 restriction on Officiating promotion to AD(OL) post from 1998 is wrong as the official satisfies all the eligibility conditions at the time of promotion. After discussion, GM(Estt) assured that the issue will be reviewed in view of the submissions made by the Association.

b)  Delay in approval of JTO RR 2014: Due to the delay the regularization of officiating JTOs and next LICE from TTA to JTO is delayed. GM(Estt) informed that the issues related to Executives not considered as the HR plan is not submitted to the BSNL Board.

c)   Special JTO rect for NE region, J&K and other shortage Circles: GM(Estt) told that another TTA rect is proposed and TTA rect will give more candidates from the local areas than the JTO rect and it will be the better option. Assn suggested to consider JTO rect to the Circles where sufficient no of eligible TTAs are not available for appearing in the LICE.

Rule 8 transfer of JTOs: Large no of JTOs completed more than 7 to 10 years are waiting for their Rule -8 transfers especially from WB, NE Circles, KTK, J&K etc including lady JTOs. Special attention is required to send these JTOs to their home Circles at the earliest. GM(Estt) informed that large no of Rule 8 cases were settled during LICE promotion as demanded by the Assn and remaining cases also will be considered.

09-08-2014

Meeting with Sri A. N Rai, CMD/BSNL: GS Com K Sebastin and President Com G L Jogi met Sri A. N Rai, CMD/BSNL on 08.08.2014 and held discussion. At the outset, CMD told that financial condition of the company is not good and every month, Corporate office is struggling to disburse the salaries and other expenses related to operations and maintenance. The external board members are not agreeing for any proposal involving financial implications to the company.

If the financial condition is not improved, the 3rd pay revision in 2017 will be a big question. If pay revision is not implemented, then BSNL employees will be treated as second class citizens (like ITI employees!). All should work together to ensure to avoid such situation in BSNL for the BSNL employees.

However Assn strongly pleaded that delay in resolution of some of the long pending HR issues like standard pay scales, 30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruited employees, promotions in different cadres etc will further demoralize the Executives. When company is looking forward for revival, the following HR issues to be resolved quickly which will boost the morale of the Executives and they will be contributing miraculously towards the growth of the company. Further the following issues discussed:

a)  Agitation programmes in Kerala Circle: Assn explained to CMD that most of the assurances given by the CGMT/KRL at the time of settlement is not yet implemented even after one week. Three weeks back, CMD informed us that the request transfer orders are approved, but till this date, the orders are not released even after the assurance of CMD. The vindictive actions initiated by the Management like die-non, show cause, charge sheet etc to be withdrawn as per the agreement. Since these confidence building measures are not started implementing, the field units are not come to the normal situation which effectively affecting the services. CMD assured to intervene in the matter.

b)  Implementation of standard pay scales of E2, E3 etd for JTO/JAO, SDE/AO etc: Assn explained that the BSNL proposal of E1A and E2A pay scale is rejected by DPE and DoT communicated the same to BSNL. As per the understanding reached during the last agitation and decisions of the meeting held on 19.03.2014, now the Joint committee has to work out the implementation of E2, E3 pay scales. After deliberations, CMD agreed to deliberate the matter in the committee further.

c)   30% superannuation benefit to BSNL recruites: Assn pointed out that this issue is delayed for years together even after the agreement in June, 2012 with the Forum. The high level committee also didn’t deliberate the issue seriously. CMD informed that again the matter is referred back to the HLC which will be headed by new ED(Fin) and told us to have further discussions with HLC and ED(Fin).

d)   Promotion from JTO to SDE cadre and LDCE: The court case is now listed for 23.08.2014, Saturday to have final haring. Assn requested CMD to ensure the presence of senior lawyer on that day. The DPC related work also to be expedited. CMD agreed to instruct CGM/Kerala.

e) Promotion from SDE/Adhoc DE to DE Regular: Assn requested to complete the DPC at the earliest as VCs expiring by 3rd week. Since large no of transfers are involved, about 10% of VCs are not received so far. CMD assured to complete the DPC before expiry of the same.

f) Rule 8 transfers: Assn brought to the notice of CMD that even after JTO recruitment, Circles are not considering the Rule 8 transfers. Large no of JTOs including ladies are working in difficult areas including NE I, Assam, J&K etc and completed more than 5 to 8 years. Assn requested the intervention of CMD in this issue. CMD assured to examine the issue.

08-08-2014

Meeting with Sri S S Aggarwal, GM(Pers): GS Com K Sebastin, AGS Com Aravind Dahiya, CS/TN Com M Gopinathan and CT/TN Com Jayaraman met GM(Pers) on 06.08.2014 and discussed the following issues:

1)        JTO to SDE promotion. Assn explained the status of court case at Ernakulam. Since Hon CAT want to hear the case completely on a single day, fixed it for the first Saturday (working), 23.08.2014. Meanwhile it was agreed to complete the DPC work and VCs from all the Circles.

2)        SDE/Adhoc DE to DE Regular promotion: We informed about the VC status from different Circles and requested to complete the DPC for 2011-12 and 2012-13 by next week before the expiry of the VC and DPC for 2013-14 by this month end. In case VCs not received their case will be kept pending. GM(Pers) ascertained the status from DPC section also. After elaborate discussion, it is decided to make all efforts to complete the DPC before expiry of VC.

3)        DE to DGM promotion: The status of VC and ACR discussed. It is decided to expedite both ACRs and VC.

4)        Modification of transfer from Soft tenure places in AP and PB Circles: GM (Pers) informed that the proposal is under the consideration of todays MC meeting and once it is approved, necessary action will be taken to cancel the orders.

5)        Request transfers in SDE and DE cadre: After discussion, GM (Pers) agreed to consider the pending request transfer cases.

6)        Posting volunteers to ITPC, Pune etc: Volunteers are called by BSNLCO and Assn requested to issue the transfer orders. GM (Pers) told that posting to ITPC is not done as excess number of Executives are working in ITPC, much above the sanctioned strength. Action is initiated to regularize this by diversion of posts from other circles to ITPC by Estt section. Once this process is over, request to ITPC will be considered.

04-07-2014

Sharing of BTSs with other operators:

GS Com K Sebastin, President Com G L Jogi and AGS Com Arvind Pal Dahiya had some discussion with DIR (CM) Sri Anupam Shrivastava on sharing of BTSs with other operators on 03-07-14. DIR(CM) told that sharing of BTSs with other operators especially in rural and uneconomical areas is to be considered. According to him, those BTSs are to be shared where the traffic is less. In lieu of that, BSNL can share BTSs of other operators where we don’t have BTS or having coverage problem. This will improve the coverage, quality and presence as no of BTSs will increase and ultimately bring revenue also. Already other private operators are doing this and earning revenue and improved the coverage.

04-07-2014

GS and President met CMD/BSNL Sri A. N. Rai, DIR(CM) Sri Anupam Shrivastava and GM(SR) Sri Neeraj Verma on 03-07-2014 and requested immediate intervention on Kerala issue. CMD informed us that he has already instructed DIR (CFA) to resolve the issue at the earliest.

04-07-2014

GS and President met CMD/BSNL Sri A. N. Rai, DIR(CM) Sri Anupam Shrivastava and GM(SR) Sri Neeraj Verma on 03-07-2014 and requested immediate intervention on Kerala issue. CMD informed us that he has already instructed DIR (CFA) to resolve the issue at the earliest.

26-06-2014

Meeting with PGM(BW): GS and both AGSs met PGM(BW) Sri A. K. Gupta and discussed the following issues.

a) LDCE promotion from JTO(C) to SDE(C) and considering the request transfers in the cadre of SDE(C). Assn requested to issue the promotion orders at the earliest and consider all the request transfers along with the promotion orders. PGM assured that all the requests will be considered and BW section is trying to issue the promotion orders within a fortnight.

b)   SDE(C) to EE(C) promotion: The DPC is over and the proposal is sent to the competent authority for approval. Out of 72 vacancies, DPC for 48 completed as a first step and remaining posts will be filled after that.

c) Seniority list of JTOs: PGM informed that seniority list already available and after the promotions, the matter will be examined.

20-06-2014

Meeting with PS to Hon MoC&IT: GS Com K Sebastin, President Com G L Jogi and AGS Com V M Wankhede met PS to Hon MoC&IT at Shastribhavan and discussed issues related to viability of BSNL and important HR issues: PS to Hon MoC&IT invited the Assn to get the first hand information on the issues before the formal meeting with the Hon MoC&IT, next week.

20-06-2014

Meeting with Member(Services) on 78.2% IDA fitment to retirees: GS Com K Sebastin, President Com G L Jogi and AGS Com V M Wankhede met Sri S C Mishra, Member(S)  and requested him to expedite the matter. Member(S) informed us that some more details are to be received from DoT(Finance) so that the reply can be sent to DoE. He further told that he is in touch with concerned officers and Member(F) and monitoring the progress on a day to day basis.

20-06-2014

Meeting with Sr GM(CA) on EPF issue: GS Com K Sebastin, President Com G L Jogi and AGS Com V M Wankhede met Sri Rajeev Singh, Sr GM(CA), BSNLCO and discussed the issue of “Full pension” option in EPF for the BSNL recruited employees. Due to ignorance, all the employees opted “minimum pension” at the time of recruitment by default (no one given specific option for “Full pension” to EPF). Sr GM informed that BSNL is pursuing the issue with EPFO but so far no communication received from EPFO. Now it is suggested that the issue will be taken up at higher level once the new Govt settled in. The possibility of centralized payment of EPF also to be examined.

20-06-2014

Meeting with GM(Pers): GS Com K Sebastin and AGS Com V M Wankhede met Sri S S Aggarwal GM(Pers) and discussed:

a) Committee meeting on officiating pay fixation and protection of pay on implementation of TBP policy: After discussion, GM immediately spoken to the concerned officers to fix the next meeting. One of the committee member Sri K R Tiwari transferred out of BSNLCO, so another officer will be nominated before the meeting.

b) Modification on postings – medical cases: GM assured that the critical medical cases forwarded through proper channel will be processed shortly.

c) Modification in the SDE RR 2002 to address the shortcomings in the RR: GS requested to expedite the proposal as already the matter is pending for years together and large scale litigations are coming questioning the seniority. Now the issue is addressed by recent DoPT orders and while amending the RRs, appropriate provisions to be added in the RR. GM(Pers) informed that based on the feedback given by the Assns, the committee finalised the amendments and MC note will be prepared.

c) Scheme and syllabus for SDE(T): Since the revision of scheme is pending, the LDCEs are not able to notify by the Rect section. GM(Pers) informed that the committee constituted for the purpose submitted the recommendations with some changes but recommended to continue with two papers. Ass pointed out that the very purpose of constituting the committee was to examine the feasibility of having a single paper as the paper minimum for both papers made many posts vacant after each LDCE. GM(Pers) told that the committee is of the opinion that this will compromise on the merit as the knowledge of the candidates on various technologies as well as specialization is to be checked in LDCE. The proposal will be placed before the Management. Assn strongly pleaded for a single paper.

d) Scheme and syllabus for SDE(TF): GM(Pers) informed that the eligibility of Chemists working in TF to appear in the LDCE to SDE(TF) is under the examination of BSNLCO and since they are Non Executives, they cannot write the LDCE directly to SDE without becoming a JTO. The LDCE for the eligible candidates are held up for last two years because of this dispute and Assn strongly demanded to finalize the syllabus and notify the same for conducting the LDCE.

18-06-2014

Meeting with GM(SR):  GS and President met Sri Neeraj Verma, GM(SR) on 17.06.2014 and discussed the following issues:

a)  Ongoing agitation programmes in Kerala Circle: We informed GM(SR) that as directed by BSNLCO, meeting took place on 14.06.2014 between CGMT and SNEA(I)/KRL Circle and detailed discussion took place. The outcome of the meeting is awaited as CGMT requested few days time. To have a cordial atmosphere, SNEA(I)/KRL Circle also deferred the agitational programmes for a few days. From CHQ side also, we informed CGMT, the critical issues to be resolved in Kerala. The response from the CGMT is awaited.

b)  Membership verification among Executives’ Associations: Assn gratitude for initiating the membership verification which we are demanding for years together and the status of some important modifications required in the new recognition rules notified on 06.01.2014 such as a mechanism of mutual understanding on important issues, increasing the no of office bearers at Circle level from 11 to 15 and three tier structure at metro circles CHTD and Kol TD. GM(SR) informed that some of the issues are under active consideration of the management and necessary modifications to the recognition rules will be done at the earliest.

18-06-2014

GS and AGS met DGM(SR) and discussed the recognition of newly elected Circle body of GUJ Circle. GS pointed out that citing the new recognition rules 2014, GUJ Circle is not giving recognition to the newly elected GUJ Circle body having 15 office bearers. GUJ Circle referred the case to BSNLCO for clarification. DGM(SR) informed that no reference was received from GUJ Circle, however he assured to verify once again with the section and revert back to us:

21-05-2014

Meeting with DIR(HR): GS, President and both AGSs met Sri A. N. Rai, DIR(HR) and discussed:

a)          Modification of posting orders in the LDCE and DE(Adhoc) promotions on medical and immunity grounds: Assn pointed out that genuine medical cases requires sympathetic consideration from Pers section as happened in the past but lagging nowadays. Similarly retention on immunity ground to have smooth functioning of the Assn at different level is to be ensured. All the cases are pending in the Pers section for months together. DIR(HR) assured that necessary instructions will be given to GM(Pers) in this regard.

b)               Issues related to Kerala Circle and the behaviour of Sri M S S Rao, CGMT/Kerala: Assn explained the problems faced by the employees and especially the Executives in the Circle which started affecting the growth of one of the potential circle. The Executives are humiliated and terrorized which demotivated them like anything. Senior officers also treated in the similar way infront of subordinates. This year the expected profit didn’t come because the entire employees are demoralized. If the same situation, continues the services will be affected as network will collapse and Kerala also may become one of the loss making Circle in the years to come. Since all the efforts of the Assn in the Circle to have a smooth relation and to focuss on the growth of the Circle became a non-starter, Assn launched trade union action recently. DIR(HR) assured that he will discuss the issue with CGMT on his return from leave.

21-05-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt): GS, President and AGS met GM(Estt) and discussed the antedating issue. As desired by the management, we provided some specific cases where the anomaly reported in different months. GM(Estt) suggested to have further discussions with the GM(EF) also shortly to have some amicable solutions.

16-05-2014

Meeting with Sri M. F. Farooqui, Secy/DOT:

Com G L Jogi/CHQ President and Com K Sebastin/GS met Secy/DOT on 15.05.2014 and had a detailed discussion with him on the issue of awarding installation/ maintenance of OF project in North Eastern Circles to be funded by USOF exclusively to BSNL:

This Association reliably learnt that Telecom Commission is mulling the option of inviting bids for execution/maintenance of Optical Fibre project in North Eastern Circles to be funded by USOF exclusively. Generally, govt. so far has had been awarding such projects funded by USOF exclusively to BSNL on nomination basis for very formidable, rational and obvious reasons.

In this connection, on learning about such serious development, we met Secy/DOT to request him to continue with the existing practice of awarding such projects to BSNL alone for very strong and justifiable reasons like BSNL has already made massive capital investments towards laying of telecom infrastructure in remotest areas from where it got no returns and the fact that BSNL has been the highest contributor towards the USOF. Against the backdrop of these facts, we made an impassioned plea to Secy/DOT to award this project also to BSNL. However, our pleading before Secy/DOT evoked very sharp reaction from him because of following reasons.

A)      Secy/DOT emphatically stated that BSNL has lost its appetite to execute projects funded by USOF and in this context he made pointed reference to NOFN project which continues to be a virtual non starter as on date and LWE (Left wing extremist) project in CHG, MP, OR, WB MH etc. which also has made no headway. Secy/DOT felt that while the govt. is very keen and is making best efforts to revive BSNL and has been unfailingly awarding USOF funded projects to BSNL, the response from BSNL to execute such projects to say the least has been extremely disappointing and quite tardy in terms of meeting timelines and other important project requirements.

B)        Another important fact mentioned by Secy/DOT is that BSNL is under wrong impression that govt. has a compulsion to award such projects to BSNL alone and that there are no takers for execution of such projects. BSNL must dispel this impression and understand that there are   “N” numbers of takers for execution of such projects.

C)      Secy/DOT conveyed in very clear terms that total lack of enthusiasm and interest on part of BSNL to undertake and execute such projects is driving govt. to consider the option of inviting bids for execution of such projects.

However, from our side, we also apprised in detail Secy/DOT about the constraints that BSNL is also facing in execution of such projects and pleaded with him to give BSNL opportunity to execute this pretigious project in Nort East. Secy/DOT mentioned that BSNL Management must approach DOT and in very clear terms convey its willingness to execute this project on terms and conditions like transfer of Network to BSNL after installation etc and hence BSNL will not get any capital from USOF for execution of this project. Secy/DOT assured that DOT would be always willing to give first preference to BSNL provided BSNL is ready to abide by terms and conditions decided for the project and execute the project within stipulated timelines.         

In the meantime Smt Annie Moreas, Member(Finance)/DOT also joined the discussions and she too very clearly indicated that DOT would be always ready and keen to listen to BSNL on such issues.

We also requested Secy/DOT and Member(Finance)/DOT to expeditiously resolve long pending issue of merger of 78.2% IDA with basic in respect of all those having retired from BSNL prior to 10th June 2013. Both Secy/DOT and M(F)/DOT responded very positively and quickly by reiterating that the issue is virtually on the final stages of resolution as far as DOT is concerned and very shortly will be sent to DOE for its concurrence. All the queries raised by DOE in this regard are being responded to by DOT on a very positive note.  

16-05-2014

Meeting with Sri M. F. Farooqui, Secy/DOT:

Com G L Jogi/CHQ President and Com K Sebastin/GS met Secy/DOT and had a detailed discussion with him on the issue of awarding installation/maintenance of OF project in North Eastern Circles to be funded by USOF exclusively to BSNL:

This Association reliably learnt that Telecom Commission is mulling the option of inviting bids for execution/maintenance of Optical Fibre project in North Eastern Circles to be funded by USOF exclusively. Generally, govt. so far has had been awarding such projects funded by USOF exclusively to BSNL on nomination basis for very formidable, rational and obvious reasons.

In this connection, on learning about such serious development, we met Secy/DOT to request him to continue with the existing practice of awarding such projects to BSNL alone for very strong and justifiable reasons like BSNL has already made massive capital investments towards laying of telecom infrastructure in remotest areas from where it got no returns and the fact that BSNL has been the highest contributor towards the USOF. Against the backdrop of these facts, we made an impassioned plea to Secy/DOT to award this project also to BSNL. However, our pleading before Secy/DOT evoked very sharp reaction from him because of following reasons.

  A)  Secy/DOT emphatically stated that BSNL has lost its appetite to execute projects funded by USOF and in this context he made pointed reference to NOFN project which continues to be a virtual non starter as on date and LWE (Left wing extremist) project in CHG, MP, OR, WB MH etc. which also has made no headway. Secy/DOT felt that while the govt. is very keen and is making best efforts to revive BSNL and has been unfailingly awarding USOF funded projects to BSNL, the response from BSNL to execute such projects to say the least has been extremely disappointing and quite tardy in terms of meeting timelines and other important project requirements.

  B)  Another important fact mentioned by Secy/DOT is that BSNL is under wrong impression that govt. has a compulsion to award such projects to BSNL alone and that there are no takers for execution of such projects. BSNL must dispel this impression and understand that there are   “N” numbers of takers for execution of such projects.

  C)    Secy/DOT conveyed in very clear terms that total lack of enthusiasm and interest on part of BSNL to undertake and execute such projects is driving govt. to consider the option of inviting bids for execution of such projects.

However, from our side, we also apprised in detail Secy/DOT about the constraints that BSNL is also facing in execution of such projects and pleaded with him to give BSNL opportunity to execute this pretigious project in Nort East. Secy/DOT mentioned that BSNL Management must approach DOT and in very clear terms convey its willingness to execute this project on terms and conditions like transfer of Network to BSNL after installation etc and hence BSNL will not get any capital from USOF for execution of this project. Secy/DOT assured that DOT would be always willing to give first preference to BSNL provided BSNL is ready to abide by terms and conditions decided for the project and execute the project within stipulated timelines.         

In the meantime Smt Annie Moreas, Member(Finance)/DOT also joined the discussions and she too very clearly indicated that DOT would be always ready and keen to listen to BSNL on such issues.

We also requested Secy/DOT and Member(Finance)/DOT to expeditiously resolve long pending issue of merger of 78.2% IDA with basic in respect of all those having retired from BSNL prior to 10th June 2013. Both Secy/DOT and M(F)/DOT responded very positively and quickly by reiterating that the issue is virtually on the final stages of resolution as far as DOT is concerned and very shortly will be sent to DOE for its concurrence. All the queries raised by DOE in this regard are being responded to by DOT on a very positive note.

13-05-2014

Committee meeting on Officiating pay fixation, protection of pay based on the clarifications dated 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010 was held on 12.05.2014 and had discussions. The committee reconstituted as per the assurance given to SNEA(I) in the agitation. Com K Sebastin, GS and Com G L Jogi CHQ President met Sri Neeraj Verma, GM(SR) and Chairman of the Committee and held further discussions on the issue.

11-05-2014

Committee meeting on Officiating pay fixation, protection of pay based on the clarifications dated 30.05.2007 and 19.02.2010.

The committee reconstituted as per the assurance given in the agitation will be meeting on 12.05.2014 at 11 am. GS and AGS Com VM Wankhede had a meeting with Sri Deepak Aggarwal, Addl GM(Pers)/Convenor of the committee and explained the issue in detail. We brought to the notice of the convenor that sl no 10 of letter dated 30.05.2007 is not a clarification but an amendment to clause II (v) & (vi) of the original order dated 18.01.2007 and the same has been issued without the concurrence of the competent authority which issued the original order dated 18.01.2007. Fixation benefit on promotion to a higher responsibility post provided in the original order dated 18.01.2007 is denied by this clarification. A clarification can be issued regarding the implementation of the original order, not as an amendment. Further sl no 4 and 9 of the letter dated 19.05.2010 is also wrong as pay of an official cannot be reduced as per FRSR as long as the official continue to hold the same post and the pay drawn as per the existing order at the time of promotion cannot be withdrawn or recovered by a new rule with retrospective effect. Assn demanded that the committee has to examine these issues and recommend the withdrawal of these clarifications issued.

11-05-2014

Meeting with Sri Shahbaz Ali, DDG(TPF): Com K Sebastin, GS and Com G L Jogi, CHQ President met Sri Shahbaz Ali, DDG(TPF) and discussed the following issues.

a) 78.2% IDA fitment for the pensioners: The reply from DoT is still pending and requested to expedite the same. DDG(TPF) who is also BSNL Board Director informed that the file cleared by him two weeks back and the same is further under examination in the Internal Finance and the reply will be expedited.

b) Pension contribution on existing pay instead of maximum of the pay scale: The recent reply from DoPT reiterating that the pension contribution from BSNL absorbed employees also governed by 19.11.2009 DoPT order and is based on existing pay instead of maximum of the pay scale. Assn demanded that the issue has to be decided by DoT based on the recent communication. DDG(TPF) informed that again the issue is taken up with DoE and some confusion is there with respect to the definition of existing pay (basic + pay band) as pay band is not applicable for BSNL in IDA scale and the date of effect whether it is from 01.01.2006 9date of VI CPC implementation) or 01.01.2007 (date of 2 PRC implementation). These issues have to be sorted out. He advised us to meet DDG(EStt) and have further discussions.

11-05-2014

Meeting with Sri Suresh Chandra Sharma, DDG(Estt): Com K Sebastin, GS and Com G L Jogi, CHQ President met Sri Suresh Chandra Sharma, DDG(Estt) and discussed Pension contribution on existing pay instead of maximum of the pay scale: Assn brought to the notice of DDG(Estt), the  recent reply from DoPT reiterating that the pension contribution from BSNL absorbed employees also governed by 19.11.2009 DoPT order and is based on existing pay instead of maximum of the pay scale. DDG(E) opined that it is a very positive development and strengthen the case. Further he assured that based on this letter further action will be taken by DoT immediately and instructed the concerned officers to process the case based on the reply. Further he opined that pay band is not applicable for BSNL and it should not become an issue as the pension for the BSNL pensioners will be paid on the basis of basic pay only.

30-04-2014

Meeting with Director (Estt), DoT: GS Com K. Sebastin and AGS Com Arvind Dahiya met Sri Pradhish Khanna, Director(Estt), DoT and discussed the 78.2% fitment for the pensioners. Dir (Estt) informed that the file is pending in the DoT/Finance and as soon as it is received from the Finance wing, it will be processed further.

19-04-2014

Meeting with GM(Pers), BSNLCO: GS, President and both AGSs met Sri S S Aggarwal, GM(Pers) on 17.04.2014 and discussed: a) Committee meeting on pay fixation and protection of pay during officiating promotion as per the assurance given in the meeting: GM(Pers) informed that the earlier committee has to be reconstituted as some of the members already transferred out and that will be done immediately. Thereafter the committee will examine the case as discussed. b) Modification of soft tenure policy so that after completion of soft tenure, officials will be able to come back to their choice SSA: GM(Pers) informed that the proposal is almost ready as assured earlier and will be placed before the MC for approval.

19-04-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt), BSNLCO: GS and both AGSs met Sri R K Goyal, GM(Estt) on 17.04.2014 and discussed: a) Amendment to JTO RR: GM(Estt) informed that the committee will be meeting on the same day to finalize the seniority related issues in the RR. Assn requested to expedite the same as the regularization of Offtg JTOs and future LICE to JTO cadre is depending on the new RR. He assured that the proposal will be send to the MC at the earliest, most probably this month itself and then to the BSNL Board for approval, b) reversion of JTOs of Assam Circle.

08-04-2014

Meeting with Member(Fin)/Telecom Commission: GS Com K Sebastin and President Com G L Jogi met Smt Annie Moreas, Member(F)/DoT on 07.04.2014 and discussed:

a)   78.2% fitment benefit to pensioners: On the query from DoE, the Estt branch prepared the reply and it is under the examination of Finance wing. Member(F) informed that she is very concerned about the pensioners and assured that action will be taken to send the reply at the earliest.

b)     Pension contribution of Actual basic pay instead of maximum of the pay scale: Assn pointed out that DoT is not allowing BSNL to make the pension contribution on actual basic pay as in the case of Central Govt employees. The pension contribution of BSNL employees also covered by DOPT OM dated 19.11.2009 superseding the earlier DoPT OM dated 15.05.2000. BSNL is forced to make excess payment of about 350 Crores per annum on account of this. Member(F) informed us that once the proposal is reaching Finance wing, it will be examined once again with this input on the order dated 19.11.2009.

08-04-2014

Meeting with Jt Secretary(T)/DoT: GS Com K Sebastin and President Com G L Jogi met Sri V Umashankar, Jt Sec(T)/DoT on 07.04.2014 and discussed:

a)        Standard Pay scales of E1A and E2A – Assn informed the meeting with the officers in DPE in this regard. He also concurred with our opinion that the intermediary pay scales will not be approved by DPE. Since BSNL insisting to send the proposal to DPE, action will be taken to send it to DPE at the earliest. We requested to expedite the same. We are confident that DPE will reject the proposal once it reaches DPE which will open our route for standard E2, E3 pay scales as assured by DIR(HR) in the discussion on 19.03.2014 as part of our agitation.

 

b)        78.2% fitment benefit to pensioners: Jt Sec(T) informed that DoT is very concerned about this matter as it involves pensioners. He assured every positive action.

c)        Pension contribution of Actual basic pay instead of maximum of the pay scale: Jt Sec(T) informed that this is very much justified as there is no reason for a separate treatment for the pension contribution of the BSNL absorbed employees.

08-04-2014

Meeting with GM(Estt): GS and both AGSs met Sri R K Goyal, GM(Estt) on 07.04.2014 and discussed:

a)         Issuing clarifications sought by the Circles of seniority of LICE passed candidates: GM(E) informed that the matter is under consideration of the Estt branch and the necessary instructions in this regard will be issued in a couple of weeks.

b)        Amendment to JTO RR 2014: GM(Estt) informed that the draft RR is almost ready and it will be placed before the Management Committee shortly. He also informed that most of the suggestions given by the Association on reducing the qualifying service from 7 to 5 years, fixation of seniority, declaring the LICE passed candidates enbloc senior to the JTOs recruited by the new RR etc accepted by the committee.

  

Meeting with GM(Pers): GS and both AGSs met Sri S S Aggarwal, GM(Pers) on 07.04.2014 and discussed the cases of retention of executives after 31.03.2014. After discussion, he assured that the immunity and genuine medical cases will be processed soon.

13-03-2014

Meeting with GM(Pers):
GS, AGS Com Vivek Wankhede and Com S B Nagavi, CS/KTK Circle met Sri S. S. Aggarwal, GM(Pers) on 12.03.2014 and discussed a) preparatory work for JTO to SDE Promotion and calling VC limited to the vacancies, b) SDE to DE regular and DE to DGM(Adhoc) promotions, c) issuing promotion order for the SDEs passed the LDCE in 2007/2008.

Meeting with GM(Estt):
GS and both AGSs met Sri R. K. Goyal, GM(Estt) on 13.03.2014 and discussed the proposed amendments to JTO RR, 2014 the impact of the recent DoPT OM dated 04.03.2014. Our proposal for reduction of qualifying service from 7 years to 5 years, clarity on rect year and vacancy year, considering Gate score instead of competitive examination for direct rect etc found favourable response from the Management and hopefully, it will be incorporated in the new RRs.

Meeting with GM(FP):
GS and both AGSs met GM(FP) on 13.03.2014 and discussed about the JAO to AO promotion. The reply from DoT on the legal opinion is still awaited.

05-03-2014

Meeting with Sri. V. Umashankar, Jt Secy/DOT on 05.03.2014: GS and President had a very detailed and meaningful discussion on following important issues.

A)        Pension contribution by BSNL on actual basic instead of on maximum of scale: We apprised Jt Secy/DOT in detail about the discussions that we have had with Hon MOS, DOPT, Sh Narayanasamy, and the follow up extensive discussions we had with Jt Secy/DOP&PW and Jt Secy/DOPT on the issue of pension contribution by BSNL on actual basic in terms of the decision taken by the Union Cabinet at the time of formation of BSNL in year 2000 that pension and issues related to pension for BSNL absorbed employees would be strictly regulated in conformity with Central Govt. departments. In that context, BSNL is to pay pension on actual basic as all other Central Govt. departments are paying.

This stand of ours was adequately appreciated by Jt Secy/DOPT who advised us to ask DOT to move the case afresh for consideration by DOPT and DOE. Secy/DOT also assured us on 4th March that he would also reconsider examining the issue of pension contribution on actual basic by BSNL. In view of all these developments, we requested Jt Secy/DOT to initiate the note afresh for consideration of DOPT and DOE. Jt secy/DOT assured that within ten days he would initiate action on this issue and advised us to pursue the case thereafter with DOPT and DOE.

B)               Issue of standard IDA pay scales of E2 and E3 for JTOs/SDES etc: We informed JtSecy/DOT about our discussions very recently with Jt Sec/DPE on the decision of BSNL management to introduce non standard IDA pay scales of E1 and E2 for JTOs/SDEs. We told Jt Secy/DOT that Jt Sec/DPE clearly told us that DPE would not rescind its decision of allowing non standard IDA scales in CPSUs. In this context, we requested Jt Secy/DOT to abandon the move of referring non standard pay scales of E1 and E2 to DPE for consideration and instead direct BSNL to consider extending standard scales of E2 and E3 as directed by DPE. However, Jt Secy/DOT mentioned that this issue is to be decided by BSNL management.   

C)              Merger of BSNL and MTNL: We conveyed our serious and justified apprehensions on the issue of merger like BSNL being burdened with huge market liability of about 13000 crores that MTNL has, Governments stake in BSNL getting diluted because govt’s holding in MTNL is already offloaded to the extent of 44% MTNL and very contentious and complex HR issues. However, Jt Secy/DOT elaborately spelt out meticulous and structured mechanism that Govt. is to adopt to address these legitimate concerns of BSNL before taking a final call on the issue of merger.     

05-03-2014

Meeting with Sri. V. Umashankar, Jt Secy/DOT on 05.03.2014: GS and President had a very detailed and meaningful discussion on following important issues.

A)        Pension contribution by BSNL on actual basic instead of on maximum of scale: We apprised Jt Secy/DOT in detail about the discussions that we have had with Hon MOS, DOPT, Sh Narayanasamy, and the follow up extensive discussions we had with Jt Secy/DOP&PW and Jt Secy/DOPT on the issue of pension contribution by BSNL on actual basic in terms of the decision taken by the Union Cabinet at the time of formation of BSNL in year 2000 that pension and issues related to pension for BSNL absorbed employees would be strictly regulated in conformity with Central Govt. departments. In that context, BSNL is to pay pension on actual basic as all other Central Govt. departments are paying.

This stand of ours was adequately appreciated by Jt Secy/DOPT who advised us to ask DOT to move the case afresh for consideration by DOPT and DOE. Secy/DOT also assured us on 4th March that he would also reconsider examining the issue of pension contribution on actual basic by BSNL. In view of all these developments, we requested Jt Secy/DOT to initiate the note afresh for consideration of DOPT and DOE. Jt secy/DOT assured that within ten days he would initiate action on this issue and advised us to pursue the case thereafter with DOPT and DOE.

B)      Issue of standard IDA pay scales of E2 and E3 for JTOs/SDES etc: We informed JtSecy/DOT about our discussions very recently with Jt Sec/DPE on the decision of BSNL management to introduce non standard IDA pay scales of E1 and E2 for JTOs/SDEs. We told Jt Secy/DOT that Jt Sec/DPE clearly told us that DPE would not rescind its decision of allowing non standard IDA scales in CPSUs. In this context, we requested Jt Secy/DOT to abandon the move of referring non standard pay scales of E1 and E2 to DPE for consideration and instead direct BSNL to consider extending standard scales of E2 and E3 as directed by DPE. However, Jt Secy/DOT mentioned that this issue is to be decided by BSNL management.   

B)              Merger of BSNL and MTNL: We conveyed our serious and justified apprehensions on the issue of merger like BSNL being burdened with huge market liability of about 13000 crores that MTNL has, Governments stake in BSNL getting diluted because govt’s holding in MTNL is already offloaded to the extent of 44% MTNL and very contentious and complex HR issues. However, Jt Secy/DOT elaborately spelt out meticulous and structured mechanism that Govt. is to adopt to address these legitimate concerns of BSNL before taking a final call on the issue of merger.      


05-03-2014

Meeting with Secy/DOT on 4th March, 2014:

Com V.A.N. Namboodiri, convener Jt Forum, CHQ President and GS/SNEA(I) and GS/AIBSNLEA met Secy/DOT and apprised him of serious concern of BSNL employees on the issue of merger of BSNL and MTNL without comprehensively sorting out some critical and basic issues like Govt. taking complete responsibility of the liabilities of MTNL, disinvestment of existing 44% shares of MTNL not affecting the 100% stake that govt. holds in BSNL and addressing contentious HR issues. Secy/DOT assured that all our concerns would be adequately addressed and met and that we would be taken in full confidence before any decision is taken by Govt. on the issue of merger.

On the issue of formation of a subsidiary tower Company also we expressed our serious apprehensions since such a move would disintegrate BSNL eventually resulting in hiving off potential tower business of BSNL. Secy/DOT assured that this issue would also be discussed with us. On the issue of pension contribution by BSNL on maximum of scale instead on actual basic, Secy/DOT assured that he would once again reexamine the issue in the context of commitment made to BSNL employees at the time absorption in BSNL. The meeting lasted for about 45 minutes and was held in a very cordial and frank atmosphere.

26-02-2014

Meeting of GS/SNEA(I) with Joint Secretary / DPE and Consultant / DPE; After meeting of NCOA with Secretary / DPE, GS/SNEA(I) had a one to one meeting with Joint Secretary / DPE on following Issues specifically relating to BSNL.

A) Extending of standard IDA pay scales of E2, E3 etc for executives in BSNL:

Jt Secy was categorical in mentioning that DPE would not digress from its stand that CPSUs should have in place only standard IDA pay scales approved by the government on the basis of recommendations of 2nd PRC.

B) Antedating of increment:

Joint Secretary / DPE informed that in order to overcome the anomaly on this account, many CPSUs have switched over to increment date of July uniformly for everyone as has been done in case of Central government employees by shifting their date of increment to January. However, GS informed Joint Secretary / DPE that in the absence of any guidelines from DPE, BSNL management is not prepared to act accordingly. Joint Secretary / DPE asked GS to submit a representation on this issue and assured of very positive action to address this anomaly in BSNL as quickly as possible.

26-02-2014

Meeting of NCOA office bearers with Secy/DPE on crucial issues of constitution of 3rd PRC for CPSUs, merger of 50% IDA with basic pay, review of existing criterion of PRP etc:

 President NCOA, Comrade Ashok Rao, GS/NCOA, Com Baby Thomas, CHQ President/SNEA(I) and GS/SNEA(I) had a 45 minute detailed discussion with Secy/DPE, MS Kusumjit Sidhu, Joint Secy/DPE, Sh Ashok. K. Pavadia, Director, Sh M. Subarayan and consultant Sh Sayeed Naqvi on following critical issues concerning employees of CPSUs.

A) Constitution of 3rd PRC with appropriate terms of reference:
We urged upon Secretary / DPE to initiate action towards constitution of 3rd PRC for officers of CPSUs on the lines of 7th CPC constituted by government for Central govt. employees. Secretary / DPE mentioned normally such decisions in principle are to be taken by the Cabinet and that any such initiative shall have to be taken only after new government takes over. However, she assured that in the meantime DPE would make adequate ground preparation on this issue.

B) Merger of 50% IDA with basic:

Secretary / DPE fully assured that DPE would initiate appropriate action on this issue very quickly so that at the very start of the new government the issue is placed for consideration and approval of the government.

C) Review of existing criterion for Performance Related Pay: