Meeting with Member(Finance), Telecom Commission:
GS along with other Core Committee members of the Forum met Smt Annie Moraes, Member(Finance) on 24.06.2016 and discussed the following issues:
1. GPF Payments to BSNL employees directly by DoT, through CCAs: We expressed our apprehensions on likely procedural delay in payment of GPF to BSNL employees through CCAs of each Circle. Member(Finance) confirmed that DoT and BSNL together is going to decide a policy for payment of GPF to BSNL employees through CCAs wherein she explained that the sanction of GPF payment will be issued by the concerned SSA as done now which will go to Circle Office and then to CCA for payment. The CCA after examining the sanction will make the payment in the bank account of the concerned employee directly under intimation to the Circle/SSA. The payment will be made twice or thrice in a month. On this a pilot project is going on in Punjab Telecom Circle. Nowadays GPF payment is getting delayed for months together due to shortage of fund in BSNL and this will solve the problem.
2. Payment of pension contribution on actual basic pay of serving BSNL employees: We requested for payment of pension contribution on actual basic pay for serving BSNL employees. Member(F) informed that the matter has already been taken up with the Govt. nodal ministries i.e. DoP&W, DoPT and DoE wherein DoE has opined that in CDA scales the pay scales are on grade pay basis but in BSNL it is not there. Hence, the pension contribution to be made on the maximum of the IDA pay scale. However, DoE has advised DoT to get the opinion of DoP&W and DoPT in this regard and again take up the matter with DoE with their opinion.
3. Reimbursement of Salary of BSNL employees working in DoT on deputation, Electricity/Water Bills to BSNL from DoT: We requested for releasing the payment towards Salary of BSNL employees working in DoT on deputation, Electricity/Water Bills to BSNL from DoT. Member(F) clarified that in TERM Cell of DoT, there is no sanctioned post and hence payment is not able to release now. The post has to be sanctioned by DoT for this purpose which has to be done by Member(Services). She further mentioned that it is logical that DoT should make the payment of Electricity/Water Bill and other maintenance charges to BSNL.
1st Membership verification:
The last date of submission of application and date of verification etc postponed. Revised dates:
Last date of submission of application : 22.07.2016
Conduction of elections : 16.11.2016
Counting of votes and declaration of results: 18.11.2016
However there will be no change in the CS/CHQ office bearers meeting at New Delhi on 09.07.2016
Membership verification campaign
CEC of Kerala Circle at Ernakulum on 24-25, June, 2016
CEC of Rajasthan Circle at Jaipur on 02.07.2016
CEC of MP Circle at Itarsi on 03-04, July, 2016
CEC of Bihar Circle at Patna on 04.07.2016
CEC of Assam Circle at Guwahati on 05.07.2016
BSNLCO Circle meeting at New Delhi on 11.07.2016
CEC of Haryana Circle at Karnal on 12.07.2016
CEC of AP Circle at Hyderabad on 24.07.2016
CEC of WB Circle at Kolkata on 13.08.2016Revised schedule
GS and CHQ President met GM(SR), GM(Pers) and GM(Estt) and discussed about relieving of Executives under transfer order from tenure and other Circles. Positive action is expected by next week.
Promotion from JTO(TF) to SDE(TF) under seniority and LDCE quota: GS met the concerned and requested to process the DPC as well as notification of LDCE. The LDCE vacancy year will be finalised by next week. Both the promotions will be processed soon.
Replacement of intermediary pay scales of E1A, E2A – - - with E2, E3 – - etc, Superannuation benefit to BSNL directly recruited employees, 78.2% merger for the pensioners:
GS and CHQ President met Director(PSU-I), DoT on 22.06.16 and held discussions on the matter. BSNL clarification on financial implications received by DoT today. BSNL informed that total expenditure on implementation of E2, E3, --E7 scales is 380.6 Cr (Pension contribution, pay and allowances from 01.01.2007 – 315 Cr, Annual Pension contribution – 27 Cr, Annual Pay and Allowances – 38.6 Cr). During discussion, Director mentioned that it will be a tough task to convince the DoT (Finance) on the issue as DoT(Finance) is not even agreeing for E1+5 increments which is already given provisionally by BSNL replacing 9850/- scale. Assn replied to it that BSNL agreed to pay the revised scale and there is no question of demotion of the cadres to E1 and E2scales. All other PSUs upgraded the scales in similar situations. Dir(PSU) will process the proposal at the earliest.
On Superannuation benefit, Director(PSU I) informed that the proposal has not come to the section. After that Assn met Director(Estt) and enquired about the proposal of Superannuation benefits to BSNL directly recruited employees. Director(Estt) also informed that the proposal is not reached the section. Assn is trying to meet DDG(Estt), DoT to discuss the issue.
On 78.2% IDA merger for the pensioners, Director(Estt) informed that the
Cabinet memo is under the consideration of Union Cabinet. Cabinet may discuss
the issue in one or two weeks time.
DPE writes to GS/SNEA informing the constitution of 3rd PRC with reference to our letter dated 17.05.2016 addressed to Hon Prime Minister.
NCOA and SNEA (constituent of NCOA from BSNL) started organizational actions since October, 2015 demanding constitution of 3rd PRC. The details:
· NCOA served notice for lunch hour demonstration on 26th November, 2015 at DPE office, New Delhi demanding constitution of 3rd PRC.
· Secretary/DPE invited NCOA for discussion on 23.11.2015. NCOA represented by Com Baby Thomas, Secretary General, Com V K Tomar, President/NCOA, Com K Sebastin, GS/SNEA and Com Shiwani, Treasurer/BHEL Federation. Secretary/DPE, Addl Secretary/DPE and Director/DPE were present during discussion and assured that Govt will constitute the 3rd PRC without any further delay. Based on the assurances given by Secretary/DPE, NCOA decided to postpone the protest demonstration on 26.11.2015.
· An NGC meeting of NCOA was held at New Delhi on 31.01.2016 to discuss about various issues of CPSUs and 3rd wage revision committee.
· NCOA again starting organizational programmes demanding constitution of 3rd PRC.
17.05.2016: FAX to Hon Minister, with copy to Hon Prime Minister, Hon FM, Cabinet Secretary and Secretary/DPE by the GSs.
01.06.2016: Demonstration infront of DPE office, New Delhi.
22.06.2016: One day Dharna infront of DPE Office, New Delhi
27.07.2016: March to DPE Office, New Delhi
· As per NCOA call, SNEA given FAX message to Sri Anant G Geete, Hon Minister for HI and PE with copy to Hon PM, Hon FM, Cabinet Secretary, Secretary/DPE etc demanding immediate Constitution of 3rd PRC
· In the banner of NCOA, hundreds of Executives from various CPSUs conducted Lunch Hour demonstration infront of DPE office, New Delhi on 01.06.2016 demanding constitution of 3rd PRC. GS, President, Chairman, AGS, Jt Secretary and other office-bearers of SNEA participated in the demonstration.
3rd PRC constituted by DPE on 10.06.2016.
Similarly, SNEA went on strike for 2 days in December, 2006(with PAY CUT) demanding 50% IDA merger with basic and got favourable recommendations from the 2nd PRC.DPE letter to GS/SNEA GS letter to Hon PM dated 17.05.2016
BSNL notified the recruitment of 2700 Junior Engineers (TTAs) from open market.
Starting of online Application : 10.07.2016
Last date of online Registration: 10.08.2016
Date of Online test : 25.09.2016BSNL Notification
GS, CHQ President and Chairman met CMD BSNL today and held discussions on further processing of E2, E3 pay scales by DoT as assured to us. CMD informed us that he had already discussed the matter with DoT and will pursue it further.
Meanwhile the clarifications sought by DoT on financial implications will be submitted by tomorrow.
Congrats! As assured in the meeting on 20/6/16 letter regarding 100% check withdrawn by CGM, WTP. Please note that CHQ has already drawn the attention of Honourable CMD, Dir(HR) and Dir(EB) in the case. We have tried to highlight that it will be difficult for our officers to work under such adverse conditions.Safety and security of the officers is on the top of our agenda. All the senior officers were positive on the issue and assured us of definitive action at the earliest.letter from CGM WTP
with CGM (WTP) and Senior Officers of WTP with SNEA, Gujarat Circle in
reference to Manhandling and Abducting of our Field Officers working in WTP.
SNEA, Gujarat Circle led by Com. B G Patel, CS and Com Rakesh Mehta, Jt Secretary(West)/CHQ held protest demonstration in the lunch hour at Microwave Bldg Navrangpura in front of CGM( WTP) who was on visit to Ahmedabad. In the evening SNEA, Gujarat Circle met CGM (WTP) and other senior officers and discussed various irregularities done by L&T in executing NFS project which are serious in nature and were strongly and logically pursued all the matters / irregularities / problems faced by Field Executives and asked CGM (WTP) to take action as given below.
SNEA, Gujarat Circle demanded the following:
(1)To issue necessary show cause notice to L&T for violations of tender condition in executing the project.
(2) Communication to L&T that responsibility of such incidence if happened in future will be of L&T.
(3) Communication to Defense Ministry (PICG) to ensure that site Inspection is carried out along with Defense personnel, their security and Local police to avoid any such incidence in future.
(4) Keep in abeyance the CGM instruction dated 14/3/2016 issued for 100 % verification / supervision by BSNL. As per tender condition L&T is responsible for 100 % supervision and measurement.
Communication to BSNL HQ asking clarification in regard to clause no 96.3 of
tender. Comrades, We will keep pursuing the matter till the end.
Letter from CS SNEA Gujarat Circle
1st Membership Verification:
SNEA submitted the application for the participation in the 1st membership verification of majority Executives Association in BSNL on 17.06.2016.
All Circle/SSA/Division/Branches to start preparations. Circle and SSA Executive Committees to meet and formulate strategies by forming core groups at local level before the CS/CHQ meeting at New Delhi.
1st Membership Verification:
GS attended the extended Circle Executive Committee meeting of Kol TD at Kolkata on 18.06.2016 and Odisha Circle at Bhubaneswar on 19.06.2016 in preparation for the 1stmembership verification.
In Odisha, 30 JTOs joined as SNEA members and in Kolkata seven JTOs joined SNEA in the presence of GS. GS wholeheartedly welcomed all of them to SNEA and told them to work to STRENGTHEN SNEA, STRENGHTHEN BSNL.
CHQ President addressed the General Body meeting of Mysuru, KTK Circle on 18.06.2016.
Details will be uploaded later.
Payment of pending CHQ quota, Building and Legal Fund:
All CSs and SSA/Branch secretaries are requested to clear the pending CHQ quota, Building and Legal fund before CHQ Office bearers & CSs meeting proposed on 09-07-2016. It can be directly deposited into the CHQ account (SBI, Purasawalkam, Chennai, SB Account Name - SNEA(I) / CHQ, SB Account no.: 10332931596, IFSC Code: SBIN0001515) and details may be mailed to CHQ Treasurer. For any clarifications regarding discrepancies,the District / Circle Treasurers are requested to contact the CHQ / Treasurer :R.Rajan, Mobile -9486102600, e-mail: email@example.com.
Other than UP (E) and Odisha circles who deposited the amount between 07-05-2016 to 18-06-2016 in CHQ SBI account are requested to send the details of payment to CHQ Treasurer either by mail or by SMS and confirm the same.
QuadGen Networks to enhance the connectivity in India though coalition with BSNL and other players.
Trai issues new consultation paper to seek views on unified messaging services.
View Corporate Office Orders:
Declination of AO promotion reg.
Preparatory work for ensuing CPC for promotion from SDE (T)s / Adhoc DEs to Regular DEs - Updating APAR and tabulation sheet - Instructions to follow in future.