Union Cabinet approved implementation of 7th CPC report today.
Highlights of the Cabinet decision are:
· 23.55 % hike in pay.
· 24% hike in pensions.
· Rate of annual increment retained as 3%.
· Revised pay will be effective from 01.01.2016.
· Gratuity ceiling doubled from Rs 10 lakhs to 20 lakhs.
· Indian Army will benefit the highest as cabinet approving
hike in its salary from Rs 21,000 to Rs 31,500.
· Entry level pay will be raised to Rs 18,000 per month.
A delegation of JTOs from different Circles like PB, HR, HP, AP, TN, UPW etc met GS and CHQ President and shared their serious concern on the abnormal delay in conduction of JTO to SDE promotion. GS and CHQ President explained the various steps taken to get the case finalised soon.
We deeply mourn the sad demise of Com V. Mukundan, Ex Circle President, Karnataka Circle, who expired today afternoon at Mysuru. We lost a Trade Union leader and a great fighter against corruption. He was the CP for two terms. His qualities lead the trade union movement in Mysuru and Karnataka to great heights. We pray to the almighty to give strength to his family members. May his soul rest in peace.
BSNL contracts HFCL to REWIRE armed forces.
BSNL adds most wireless users in April: Trai.
Payment of pending CHQ quota, Building and Legal Fund:
All CSs and SSA/Branch secretaries are requested to clear the pending CHQ quota, Building and Legal fund before CHQ Office bearers & CSs meeting proposed on 09-07-2016. It can be directly deposited into the CHQ account (SBI, Purasawalkam, Chennai, SB Account Name - SNEA(I) / CHQ, SB Account no.: 10332931596, IFSC Code: SBIN0001515) and details may be mailed to CHQ Treasurer. For any clarifications regarding discrepancies,the District / Circle Treasurers are requested to contact the CHQ / Treasurer :R.Rajan, Mobile -9486102600, e-mail: email@example.com.
Other than UP (E) and Odisha circles who deposited the amount between 07-05-2016 to 27-06-2016 in CHQ SBI account are requested to send the details of payment to CHQ Treasurer either by mail or by SMS and confirm the same.
Meeting with Member(Finance), Telecom Commission:
GS along with other Core Committee members of the Forum met Smt Annie Moraes, Member(Finance) on 24.06.2016 and discussed the following issues:
1. GPF Payments to BSNL employees directly by DoT, through CCAs: We expressed our apprehensions on likely procedural delay in payment of GPF to BSNL employees through CCAs of each Circle. Member(Finance) confirmed that DoT and BSNL together is going to decide a policy for payment of GPF to BSNL employees through CCAs wherein she explained that the sanction of GPF payment will be issued by the concerned SSA as done now which will go to Circle Office and then to CCA for payment. The CCA after examining the sanction will make the payment in the bank account of the concerned employee directly under intimation to the Circle/SSA. The payment will be made twice or thrice in a month. On this a pilot project is going on in Punjab Telecom Circle. Nowadays GPF payment is getting delayed for months together due to shortage of fund in BSNL and this will solve the problem.
2. Payment of pension contribution on actual basic pay of serving BSNL employees: We requested for payment of pension contribution on actual basic pay for serving BSNL employees. Member(F) informed that the matter has already been taken up with the Govt. nodal ministries i.e. DoP&W, DoPT and DoE wherein DoE has opined that in CDA scales the pay scales are on grade pay basis but in BSNL it is not there. Hence, the pension contribution to be made on the maximum of the IDA pay scale. However, DoE has advised DoT to get the opinion of DoP&W and DoPT in this regard and again take up the matter with DoE with their opinion.
3. Reimbursement of Salary of BSNL employees working in DoT on deputation, Electricity/Water Bills to BSNL from DoT: We requested for releasing the payment towards Salary of BSNL employees working in DoT on deputation, Electricity/Water Bills to BSNL from DoT. Member(F) clarified that in TERM Cell of DoT, there is no sanctioned post and hence payment is not able to release now. The post has to be sanctioned by DoT for this purpose which has to be done by Member(Services). She further mentioned that it is logical that DoT should make the payment of Electricity/Water Bill and other maintenance charges to BSNL.
1st Membership verification:
The last date of submission of application and date of verification etc postponed. Revised dates:
Last date of submission of application : 22.07.2016
Conduction of elections : 16.11.2016
Counting of votes and declaration of results: 18.11.2016
However there will be no change in the CS/CHQ office bearers meeting at New Delhi on 09.07.2016
Membership verification campaign
CEC of Kerala Circle at Ernakulum on 24-25, June, 2016
CEC of Rajasthan Circle at Jaipur on 02.07.2016
CEC of MP Circle at Itarsi on 03-04, July, 2016
CEC of Bihar Circle at Patna on 04.07.2016
CEC of Assam Circle at Guwahati on 05.07.2016
BSNLCO Circle meeting at New Delhi on 11.07.2016
CEC of Haryana Circle at Karnal on 12.07.2016
CEC of AP Circle at Hyderabad on 24.07.2016
CEC of WB Circle at Kolkata on 13.08.2016Revised schedule
GS and CHQ President met GM(SR), GM(Pers) and GM(Estt) and discussed about relieving of Executives under transfer order from tenure and other Circles. Positive action is expected by next week.
Promotion from JTO(TF) to SDE(TF) under seniority and LDCE quota: GS met the concerned and requested to process the DPC as well as notification of LDCE. The LDCE vacancy year will be finalised by next week. Both the promotions will be processed soon.
Replacement of intermediary pay scales of E1A, E2A – - - with E2, E3 – - etc, Superannuation benefit to BSNL directly recruited employees, 78.2% merger for the pensioners:
GS and CHQ President met Director(PSU-I), DoT on 22.06.16 and held discussions on the matter. BSNL clarification on financial implications received by DoT today. BSNL informed that total expenditure on implementation of E2, E3, --E7 scales is 380.6 Cr (Pension contribution, pay and allowances from 01.01.2007 – 315 Cr, Annual Pension contribution – 27 Cr, Annual Pay and Allowances – 38.6 Cr). During discussion, Director mentioned that it will be a tough task to convince the DoT (Finance) on the issue as DoT(Finance) is not even agreeing for E1+5 increments which is already given provisionally by BSNL replacing 9850/- scale. Assn replied to it that BSNL agreed to pay the revised scale and there is no question of demotion of the cadres to E1 and E2scales. All other PSUs upgraded the scales in similar situations. Dir(PSU) will process the proposal at the earliest.
On Superannuation benefit, Director(PSU I) informed that the proposal has not come to the section. After that Assn met Director(Estt) and enquired about the proposal of Superannuation benefits to BSNL directly recruited employees. Director(Estt) also informed that the proposal is not reached the section. Assn is trying to meet DDG(Estt), DoT to discuss the issue.
On 78.2% IDA merger for the pensioners, Director(Estt) informed that the
Cabinet memo is under the consideration of Union Cabinet. Cabinet may discuss
the issue in one or two weeks time.
DPE writes to GS/SNEA informing the constitution of 3rd PRC with reference to our letter dated 17.05.2016 addressed to Hon Prime Minister.
NCOA and SNEA (constituent of NCOA from BSNL) started organizational actions since October, 2015 demanding constitution of 3rd PRC. The details:
· NCOA served notice for lunch hour demonstration on 26th November, 2015 at DPE office, New Delhi demanding constitution of 3rd PRC.
· Secretary/DPE invited NCOA for discussion on 23.11.2015. NCOA represented by Com Baby Thomas, Secretary General, Com V K Tomar, President/NCOA, Com K Sebastin, GS/SNEA and Com Shiwani, Treasurer/BHEL Federation. Secretary/DPE, Addl Secretary/DPE and Director/DPE were present during discussion and assured that Govt will constitute the 3rd PRC without any further delay. Based on the assurances given by Secretary/DPE, NCOA decided to postpone the protest demonstration on 26.11.2015.
· An NGC meeting of NCOA was held at New Delhi on 31.01.2016 to discuss about various issues of CPSUs and 3rd wage revision committee.
· NCOA again starting organizational programmes demanding constitution of 3rd PRC.
17.05.2016: FAX to Hon Minister, with copy to Hon Prime Minister, Hon FM, Cabinet Secretary and Secretary/DPE by the GSs.
01.06.2016: Demonstration infront of DPE office, New Delhi.
22.06.2016: One day Dharna infront of DPE Office, New Delhi
27.07.2016: March to DPE Office, New Delhi
· As per NCOA call, SNEA given FAX message to Sri Anant G Geete, Hon Minister for HI and PE with copy to Hon PM, Hon FM, Cabinet Secretary, Secretary/DPE etc demanding immediate Constitution of 3rd PRC
· In the banner of NCOA, hundreds of Executives from various CPSUs conducted Lunch Hour demonstration infront of DPE office, New Delhi on 01.06.2016 demanding constitution of 3rd PRC. GS, President, Chairman, AGS, Jt Secretary and other office-bearers of SNEA participated in the demonstration.
3rd PRC constituted by DPE on 10.06.2016.
Similarly, SNEA went on strike for 2 days in December, 2006(with PAY CUT) demanding 50% IDA merger with basic and got favourable recommendations from the 2nd PRC.DPE letter to GS/SNEA GS letter to Hon PM dated 17.05.2016
BSNL notified the recruitment of 2700 Junior Engineers (TTAs) from open market.
Starting of online Application : 10.07.2016
Last date of online Registration: 10.08.2016
Date of Online test : 25.09.2016BSNL Notification